Monday, January 31, 2011

Thou shalt not pass up anything good in thrift stores.

Yeah, thats a commandment. Right in there under "Thou shalt not covet my neighbors floor plan".

 Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekends! I wanted to take a moment to share some of my thrifty finds of the past week. Contestant #1 is this super neat buffet which folds out (pictured) to accommodate oodles of goodies for parties, and then folds right back again. Fun! I've been looking for a buffet, but most are just too bulky- what an awesome compromise. This might just be the thing for my Valentine's Day crafternoon party!
Contestant #2 is the craigslist chair that I scored, all primed and ready for her custom paint job. I haven't decided yet how much I want to distress the legs, its such pretty detail so maybe just a little to highlight the shape.

Then we've got this sweet little side table, who would just LOVE to go into a reading nook somewhere. He's pretty plain (yes, it's a 'he') so I think maybe we'll jazz him up with some cabana stripes.  

Who's got two thumbs and had a super productive weekend? Answer: This girl. 

What do you guys think? What finishes are you seeing for these guys?? You know me, I've already mixed about 10 shades of gray, but I'd love to hear what else you think might work! 
xo,


3 comments:

  1. Great finds. I love grey too. I can't wait to see what you do with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some beauties! I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! I've got some ideas, but I'm ALWAYS excited to hear what other crafty and creative ideas you might have! Thanks for your comments!

    xo,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!