Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's 10 pm - Do You Know Where Your Soy Candle Is?

Around the holidays its always really easy to go crazy with spending in the "spirit of the season", naturally, because you want to show your loved ones that they are important to you. This year I am getting in touch with my inner Martha and giving my time and best effort to making gifts that will have a huge impact on the recipient, and a microscopic one on your wallet. Seasonally scented candles in little tins coupled with homemade treats (such as peppermint bark) are going to be my gift of choice this year.

And after half a bottle of wine last night, giving candle-making a shot seemed to be a pretty good life decision. My poor husband.  This is what happens when we don't have TV/ internet yet.

This project surprised me with how easy it is! Allow about 30 minutes for the actual process, and overnight for the candles to cool and you are in business! I may or may not have brought a candle to the office with me, just to look at it. This recipe below makes 3 candles in 8 oz tins. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I was thinking about making a "Cold winter's night" little gift basket for Christmas- with hot cocoa, snacks, dvd's and now one of these fab candles! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!