Friday, November 19, 2010

'Tis the season...of pies!

Can you tell by my background that I LOVE fall? Living in South Florida, though, makes me miss the golden afternoons and blustery soccer games of my childhood in Jersey even more. In any case, what's more fall than baking pies? Delicious pie!

Just in case you get sick of those pumpkin/apple/pecan/strawberry-rhubarb creations and want to go for something a little lighter this holiday season, here's my fool-proof Key Lime Pie Recipe.
This is great to bring to any hostess, or you can also use the little pre-made tartlette shells in the baking section of the supermarket to create individual pies as gifts or favors. The baking time might be slightly less, so keep your eye on them if you take this route.


Easy Key Lime Pie:            
Ingredients: 
5 egg yolks, beaten
1 ( 14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice (regular lime juice will do if you can't find key lime)
1 (9 in) prepared graham cracker crust


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Combine eggs, condensed milk and juice and mix well
3. Pour into crust shell
4. Bake for 15 minutes and let cool to room temperature before storing in the fridge

1 comment:

  1. When can you make me one your famous Key Lime Pies?

    Love,

    Your Husband

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!